New Age Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts based after the war of 1998.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Role Playing Guide Book
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm by Emerald Whitehart

» Adult/Graduated/Professor Guide Book
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm by Emerald Whitehart

» Students Guide Book
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 pm by Emerald Whitehart

» Absence Thread
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:30 pm by Emerald Whitehart

» Student Rules
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:36 am by Emerald Whitehart

» Adult Rules
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:15 am by Emerald Whitehart

» General Forum Rules
Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 am by Emerald Whitehart

Students Guide Book

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emerald Whitehart
Headmistress
Emerald Whitehart

Character sheet
Characters Age: 30
Blood Status: Half-Blood

Students Guide Book Empty
PostSubject: Students Guide Book   Students Guide Book I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 pm

As the name says, this is a Student Guide Book. Here you will find very important information about how to earn points for your house, how to move up in year or even how to earn some money. Just take a look at the Guide Book under this text and for any questions contact the administration team.

Students Guide Book

Chapter I - General

● The last thing we want to see on the forum is the same model on two different accounts. For that reason, please check the Already Claimed Faces thread, where you will find a list of already taken models. It is the right place to reserve one for your account.

● Probably if you are reading this means that you decided to become a student at Hogwarts. The first thing you should do is to actually sort yourself at The Sorting Ceremony, during which you will be sent to one of the four houses : Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

● At the beginning, every student receives 600 galleons as pocket money given to him or her by his or her family in order to buy the books and equipment required for studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. One of the first things you should do if you're a student is to visit the shops in Diagon Alley and buy everything you need there.

● Each of the 4 houses have a common room located in different places of the castle. You can enter only the room of the house where you’ve been sorted to .
Gryffindor Tower
Hufflepuff Burrows
Ravenclaw Tower
Slytherin Dungeons

● After you’ve been sorted to a house you won’t be able to change it. The sorting will be done based on your answers to a questionnaire.

● The Grades in the wizarding World for exams are different from the ones in the Muggle world.
Grades List:

Passing grades
O (Outstanding)
E (Exceeds Expectations)
A (Acceptable)

Failing grades
P (Poor)
D (Dreadful)
T (Troll)

● If you want to register as a creature please contact one of the administrators.

Chapter II - Term Dates

● Of course, it is important to know the term dates and the break between them. Here are these dates:

Beginning of the term: 10th June
Christmas Vacation: 20th December - 10th January
End of the term: 1st May
Exams: First week in May
Summer Break: 10th May - 10th June

Chapter III - How to move up to the next year

● In order to move up to the next year you must be a very active member of your house.

● More precisely, you have to earn at least 100 House points during that term to be able to advance to the next year. Also, you need to have passing grades in most of your end of term exams in order to pass.

Chapter IV - How to earn House Points and Galleons

● Earning house points is quite simple. There are many ways to do it. The most traditional method and probably the fastest is to attend classes. You will earn points based on your answers to the lessons and the quality of your homework.

● Don’t forget that if you have a rude behavior at classes or in the school, points can be deducted from your house.

● Another way is to be part of the Quidditch Team. If your team wins, your House earns 25 points and each player receives 20 galleons. For more information about Quidditch, read the Quidditch Game Guide.

● You can participate at different events (that will be announced during the term). They will bring you both money and points.

● If you are a graphic designer just fill requests from Graphic Central Thread. You get 20 galleons for each signature/avatar you create.

● Sadly there aren’t many available jobs for students. The only available one for now is editor for the wizarding newspaper. But there are many events where you can earn money and you also get a weekly allowance of 100 galleons.

● The money you earn will be stored in your vault at Gringotts Bank. It can then be spent on Diagon Alley, in Hogsmeade or wherever you want.

● Salary is given at the end of the month. For that all the students are asked to reply to the (Students) Weekly Salary Topic at Gringott's Bank You have all information about it in this thread.

Chapter V - How to play Quidditch

● Each house has its own Quidditch team. You can join the team of the House you're in. You can find the applications here.

● A complete guide about this game can be found here.

Chapter VI - Exams

● There are 2 main exams in the wizarding World : O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. but during the year you can get test papers from the professors in each class.

● O.W.L is a must exam for all 5th year students.

● N.E.W.T is a must exam for all 7th year students.

● More information about this exams will be posted in a special topic in the forum.

I hope that this guide was useful. Anyway, if you still have any questions please post in the Help Corner. Don’t forget to check the other guide and rules too. Thank you for choosing Live the Magic and enjoy your time on the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://newagehogwarts.forumotion.com

Students Guide Book
Page 1 of 1